Thursday 26 February 2015

A Joyful Little Journey

A break. That's all that had been on my mind for weeks. My boyfriend and I made plans to get out of town and explore some unfamiliar territory. Flights were too expensive and we knew we wouldn't have much time for a road trip (four days, to be exact). We decided on Minneapolis. We had both been (myself many times) and the route to the Minneapolis area was familiar. We didn't want this to be a typical shop-at-the-Mall of America-trip (although we did spend some time there and I did spend a bit of money). We wanted to find something new to us; something that defined the city aside from the Mall of America or Valley Fair; something to make us gawk in wonder and awe.

We took an entire day making our way up confusing highways and overpasses getting lost by mishearing the annoying voice of my GPS. We explored uptown Minneapolis and found trendy coffee shops, beautiful old churches, and an awesome sushi restaurant.

We also spent part of an evening getting lost on a quest to find an ice castle.

It was a short trip, but it was nice to relax, explore, and learn more about the one I love (awwww, I'm a disgusting sap).















Spyhouse Coffee
Angry Catfish Bicycle + Coffee Bar
The Basilica of St. Mary
Hennepin Avenue United Methodist Church
Ice Castles in Eden Prairie


No comments:

Post a Comment