Sunday 12 April 2015

The best day of your life

I  ran into a colleague I don't see often at Thom Bargen last week. The last time I saw him was at the staff Christmas party.

I asked him how we was doing. His reply?

"Today is the best day of my life."

I asked him why. He said, "because I said so."

Everyday he wakes up and tells himself it will be the best day of his life. 

This concept is so foreign to me. I wake up, think about all the things I have to do and the things I'd rather be doing instead. I think about the events or people I'll encounter that will drain me. I think about the stress.

What I don't think about is how I'll deal with all the things the world decides to throw at me. 

My friend has it right. No matter what happens, he plans on making the best of the situation. 

Everyday is a new best day. 

While I won't get it right immediately, I hope to teach myself to make sure the days ahead until my death bed are the best and better than best days of my life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment