Sunday 7 June 2015

A trip to where the sky kissed the sea


I had a surprise day off this weekend (I work every weekend), so James and I took a trip to one of his favourite spots from his childhood near Victoria Beach, Manitoba. It quickly became one of my favourites, too.

We drove out on a misty morning, but the sun absorbed the low clouds back into the sky as the day went by. We traveled along a curve, and the fog and clouds came back and lingered for a few hours. We hiked through the forest to sand cliffs and gazed upon the lake, which faded into the sky. We settled in and watched the fog drift, lift, and fall back down again. We walked to a pier and ate treats from a small bakery.

I needed this day to recharge. I feel refreshed and cleansed. I'm also thankful for days, like this one, where I get to fall more in love with the person I get to spend the rest of my life with.













1 comment: