Sunday 11 October 2015

Together Again: Thanksgiving 2015 in Pictures

I don't get to see my family often, so this weekend meant a lot to me — the laughter, the sass, the mini fights, and hugs.

We drove to Winkler yesterday. At my parents' house, we tried to integrate their cat with mine (it didn't work). James helped my dad with some fall cleaning. I drank wine and ate Chicago-mix popcorn while working on homework. We ate at my favourite Chinese buffet in town. We checked out a new coffee shop that is in the same place as the old coffee shop that I poured my heart out to many people in. My parents blew a tire in the middle of nowhere so we rescued them with the jack they needed. We also caught an amazing sunset.

I slept in the sunroom under the stars.

I woke up just in time to watch the sun rise above the houses down the street.

We ate cinnamon rolls, macarons, and bacon for breakfast. We tried to take family pictures without getting angry, but I always get angry. My grandparents joined us for a late lunch.

Dark clouds, threatening to unleash rain, rolled into town as we packed up the car. The wind blew my Ford Focus around on the highway and James was white-knuckled as we passed big trucks and buses.

Now, I am home. My sleeping cat is on the armrest beside me. I feel cozy and at-home looking around the room. But this home is not where my heart is.






















1 comment: