Tuesday 23 September 2014

Friends who thrift together, stick together

Over the weekend I realized it had been more than three weeks since I last went thrift shopping.

Three weeks.

I decided to round the troops last night and hit up two of the more mainstream thrift stores - Salvation Army (on Empress Street) and Value Village (Ellice Avenue).

First off, meet my wonderful friends Suntka and Zach. I can't count the amount of times I've loaded up a shopping cart with sweaters, jackets, and boots alongside these hooligans.


We hit up the Sally Ann to start. I had never been to this location before and to be honest, I was quite skeptical. I've never had luck at a Salvation Army thrift store before but I'm pretty sure I hit the jackpot here. I managed to scrounge up a couple of blouses, a coat, and a purse - all for $20. 

Next, we made our way to Value Village - my home way from home. 

Again, I was not disappointed. I bought two pairs of sunglasses, a skirt, an ugly sweater dress thing, a cat vest, and a pair of shoes. I spent a little more than I had hoped to - a whopping $40.

If you're just getting started or you're broke like me, check out the Salvation Army. Decent clothing for CHEAP. They also had a lot of beautiful vintage furniture and home decor items. I would have nabbed a few things from that section, but my apartment is getting full enough as it is.

Expect a master post of the items I got my hands on last night soon.

For now, here's a preview. I'm in love with pastel colours and so you can guess how quickly my heart melted when I found this lavender peplum shirt and these pointed toe flats from ALDO. Funny story, I actually tried on this exact pair of shoes months ago but couldn't justify paying $60 for them - $7.99 was a better deal in my opinion.







5 comments:

  1. That shirt would definitely look better on Zach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice finds. Will you post a pic of your cat donning its vest as well?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are truly inspiring me to give thrift shopping a solid effort. I'm not sure I have the talent for it though...you need an imagination for fashion! (that's a tag line for something...isn't it?)

    ReplyDelete