Wednesday 15 October 2014

"You don't wash your goodwill clothes?!" - a life lesson


That video on this blog has been a long time coming...

Anyway. This week I have been humming and hawing about what to talk about. Studying in Starbucks with my boyfriend James, it hit me that my deadline was quickly approaching as school assignments continued to pile up. I could feel my eyes looked panicked as I quickly straightened. I've planned my posts for the next three weeks, but for some reason failed to think about what I would talk about this week.

James suggested I discuss the importance of washing thrifted clothes immediately after purchasing them, to which I replied "I don't wash the clothes I buy from goodwill before wearing them."

His eyes widened with horror.

"You don't wash your goodwill clothes before wearing them...?"

I never really thought about it. Or maybe I'm just lazy. I don't even like doing my laundry when I've worn an item five times in a row, never mind immediately after I've purchased it. I mean, I've never bought anything that "smells like R. Kelly's sheets" (pissssssss [see video above if you don't understand the reference]).

After overcoming the awkward revelation of my uncleanliness, I said "no - never."

James looked at me with a blank stare. "That's baffling."

I guess this is grounds for lifestyle re-evaluation.

Now that it's been brought to my attention, not washing thrifted clothes before wearing them is kind of gross. I feel gross. For all I know, someone's dead skin cells are now gracing my outer layer. Or my new sweater dress could have been soaked in cat pee.

On that note, the sweater dress is now in the laundry hamper.

No comments:

Post a Comment