Friday 5 December 2014

The Sisterhood

I'm an impulse buyer. An excessive impulse buyer. If you open my closet, you'll likely find clothing items that still have tags attached. Shirts that go months untouched. Pants that never caress my legs. Shoes that never touch a sidewalk. The hoarder in me can't let these items go. More often than not there's nothing wrong with them. I just don't wear them, or my favourite items take precedence. 

It's so hard to give something away that you love. How do you know someone will appreciate it as much as you do? How could just ANYONE strut around in that beautiful dress that was just slightly too tight on you? I take heart in knowing someone in my circle is wearing something I never took off the hanger.

The solution? The clothing swap.



My classmate and friend Tenesha of Every Dollar Counts hosted a clothing swap party last weekend. A group of girls came together, brought at least five clothing items (some went above and beyond the required item count), drank some wine, ate some snacks, and left with new wardrobe pieces. 



I was able to get rid of things I loved, but never wore. And they ended up in the hands of some pretty neat people. I also went home with some new tops, accessories, and footwear. 

If you have extra clothes lying around, sitting in drawers, or hung up that you just don't wear, I encourage you to host a clothing party like Tenesha did. You meet some new people, sit back and relax, and have a lot of fun. 


No comments:

Post a Comment