Saturday 3 January 2015

New Year, New-ish blog

Happy New Year!

I can't wait to be writing "2014" on things until December when I'm finally used to it being 2015.

In all seriousness, I used to think it was dumb to have resolutions. To make changes just because the last few numbers of the date had changed. But this time around, I'm thankful for the excuse to make changes.

When I started this blog, I was excited to have a platform where I could share and indulge in the wonderful world of thrifting. I love finding treasures, re-fashioning clothes, and incorporating second-hand items into my wardrobe. It's something I'm passionate about.

As school got busier and work picked up, I realized I didn't have enough time or money to generate content for my blog. My posts began to lack and I put less heart into what I wrote.

The New Year gives me a chance to change things up.

Starting immediately, I am leaving The Penny-Pincher in the past. I am going to keep all my past posts up, and of course will blog about thrifting in the future. Over the last four months, I found the theme of this blog and the school requirement to post every week has drained me of my creativity on the topic.

It was recently brought to my attention that I am a bit of a pessimist. I always kind of knew it, but I didn't realize the effect it had on the people around me. As I reflected on the fact that I often see the glass half empty, I realized this trait has also taken quite a toll on me.

I know it's not something that can change overnight, and there will always be things that happen in life that suck. But from now on I hope to see things in a more positive light.

My blog will now be focused on finding the little things that make life exciting. The people that make crappy situations better. The days that give me hope.

I hope you'll join me as I seek to find Joy in the Journey.

2 comments: